We welcome Caitlin Zannoni to the podcast!
Caitlin is the owner and operator of The Tampered Press Cafe and its "rambunctious little sister" Tipsy Tamper. Last year, we recorded this episode from her home in Toronto, Ontario. With over a decade of experience under her belt, she shares practical and valuable insights into running a local and community-focused small business. We discuss the realities of operating a brick-and-mortar shop, the challenges of hiring, and the importance of breaking down costs, among other topics. If you're thinking of starting your own business or if you operate a brick-and-mortar business yourself, this is the episode for you.
- 00:03:50 - Leading and managing quality staff
- 00:08:13 - Unconventional interview questions when hiring
- 00:11:44 - Restaurant industry trends that impact small businesses
- 00:15:09 - Common missteps by new business owners
- 00:23:35 - The importance of not taking things too personally and self-care
- 00:37:21 - Gratitude for Momma-E
Available listening platforms:
Theme Music by Nxble Bluez, listen to his latest project, 'Chapter 0 EP' HERE!